These omelet wraps are a family favorite.
The omelet wraps are easy to make and you can add a side salad and serve them for lunch or dinner. It has a nice balance of macronutrients and micronutrients.
You will feel full and have lots of energy to check off all those to-do items on your list.
And if you don’t like salmon, you can substitute turkey bacon or chicken breasts.
You may also like my Spanish Zucchini Tortilla recipe too. It’s packed with protein and immune-boosting ingredients.
- 7 oz. low-fat cottage cheese
- 4 handfuls watercress
- 1 lemon peel only
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup soy milk
- 1 tsp. mixed herbs
- 4 tsp. coconut oil
- 3.5 oz. smoked salmon, chopped
- Place the cottage cheese, watercress and lemon peel in a bowl and puree with a hand blender (or food processor) until smooth paste forms.
- Beat the eggs with the milk and herbs in a separate bowl.
- Heat 1 tsp. of oil in a medium size frying pan over medium heat. Add ¼ of the egg mixture and cook for 2 minutes or when the egg solidifies. Flip egg mixture and cook the other side for approx ½ to one minute.
- Remove the omelet from the pan and set aside. Repeat for remaining omelets.
- To serve, spread the cottage cheese paste over the omelets and top with smoked salmon. Roll up the omelet as a wrap and cut in half.